>>> On 6/16/2016 at 11:03 AM, Tom Huegel <tehue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A colleague mentioned that OpenSuse was available for s390x but I can't
> find anything on the OpenSuse website. Google searches were inclusive.
>
> Is OpenSuse s390x available somewhere for download/installation on z/VM
> system?

Not exactly, not yet.  We are currently trying to build all of the openSUSE
packages for openSUSE Factory, which is where packages are pulled from for the
actual distribution.  We are also building all the packages for openSUSE Leap
42.2, which will be the next version of Leap.  At this point, we're not
creating installation repositories or ISO images for s390x.  If someone were
relatively enterprising they could do that themselves and things should mostly
work.  I would only recommend that for tire-kicking, however, at this point.

In any event, openSUSE, just like Fedora or CentOS, are not commercially
supported on any architecture, just community supported.  I know that Sine
Nomine forked CentOS to create ClefOS for s390x and will support that.  I can
imagine them providing support for openSUSE if there was enough demand for it.
I.e., enough people willing to pay money to make it worthwhile.