From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Michael
Weiner
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:18 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Creating root LVM

Good morning all,

I was having a little debate yesterday and I want to get the experts on this
list opinions.

What's the best practice when it comes to the root directory?

Is it acceptable and recommend to create an vgroot and lvroot so it is
expandable?

Or is it recommended to have the root directory as a regular directory and not
expandable.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit