>>> On 8/31/2016 at 12:46 PM, Marcy Cortes <marcy.d.cor...@wellsfargo.com>
>>> wrote:
> I should have asked about SUSE, specifically with needs for SLES 12.

My experience with the software was back at EDS, when it was still called
Opsware.  At that time it barely supported Linux at all, let alone anything
other than Intel.

I can't say that I am aware of anyone running this with SLES on z for clients.
That of course doesn't mean they're not out there, just that I don't know about
them.

I'm guessing you're being told to run this because all the other Linux/UNIX
systems are.  I think you're looking at doing some serious testing to make sure
it works well for you.  I would hope that HP would be able to provide you with
some references of SLES customers running it on z Systems.  If they cannot,
then perhaps you can convince whomever that something like SUSE Manager (which
will handle SLES and RHEL on Intel/AMD and z Systems) might be the better
corporate standard.  Especially now that Manager version 3 includes Salt.