Yah, I've yet to see any data justifying wasting disk (except to get a
lunch from your disk vendor) for swap space instead of just moving the
extra disks to be part of the paging subsystem.  If anybody has any data
that they think justifies this position, please send it.
VDISK gets paged out to disk in the paging subsystem when idle.  So same
result as you suggest, but a much less expensive solution.