Hi All,

Some time ago there was a thread discussing the kernel parameter root=/dev/xxx.
It was noted that this refers by default to an UUID. In order to remove the
UUID reference, I have added “persistent_policy=by-path” to the
/etc/dracut.conf file.

After rebuilding indeed the parameter is now changed. However, root is now
referenced as root=/dev/dasda1. So far so good, indeed the root device is
/dev/dasda1. And the system booted, most of the time.

Now I have been trying to reboot the guest quite a few times, but the boot has
halted every time when it wants to try to mount /sysroot. After some
investigation I have found the cause. Device 100 and 101 are switched. Device
101 is now /dev/dasda and 100 is dev/dasdb. So now the swap device is to be
mounted on /sysroot, obviously that fails.

How can we enforce the root device to be referenced as
/dev/disk/by-path/ccw-0.0.0100? Based on the dracut parameter I would have
expected the root device would be referenced to as by-path, but that’s not the
case at this moment.

Met vriendelijke groet/With kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Berry van Sleeuwen
Flight Forum 3000 5657 EW Eindhoven
• +31 (0)6 22564276
 [cid:image001.jpg@01CE3508.E10AE080]
[cid:image002.jpg@01CE3508.E10AE080]

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for
the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be
secured on the Internet, Atos’ liability cannot be triggered for the message
content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free
network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and
will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted. On all
offers and agreements under which Atos Nederland B.V. supplies goods and/or
services of whatever nature, the Terms of Delivery from Atos Nederland B.V.
exclusively apply. The Terms of Delivery shall be promptly submitted to you on
your request.