From: Linux on 390 Port [LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] on behalf of Berthold
Gunreben [b...@suse.de]
Sent: 31 December 2016 20:36
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20161226 for s390x

Hi everyone,

I am happy to announce that openSUSE Tumbleweed 20161226 is available
for s390x.

openSUSE Tumbleweed is a rolling release, that typically always
provides the latest updated packages. This makes it a perfect platform
for development.

This is the very first version of openSUSE Tumbleweed that is available
for s390x. Find the download links for installation media and online
repositories at:

http://download.opensuse.org/ports/zsystems/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://download.opensuse.org/ports/zsystems/debug/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://download.opensuse.org/ports/zsystems/source/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://download.opensuse.org/ports/zsystems/tumbleweed/iso/
http://download.opensuse.org/ports/zsystems/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/
http://download.opensuse.org/ports/zsystems/source/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/

The installation procedure is similar to SLES, most of the documentation
available for SLES will also work for this release. Find the SLES 12
documentation at:

https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles-12/index.html

Happy New Year 2017 and have a lot of fun

Berthold

 Berthold Gunreben                                  Build Service Team
 http://www.suse.de/                                     Maxfeldstr. 5
 SUSE Linux GmbH, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Software AG – Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany
– Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/Management
Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Eric Duffaut, Dr. Wolfram
Jost, Arnd Zinnhardt; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory
Board: Dr. Andreas Bereczky - http://www.softwareag.com