Hello,

Interested to know if  VLAN Tagging can be done via zLinux if  zVM currently
adding VLAN Tag.  OSA set up for Port access. Using Red Hat 7.  Please see
below:

CP SET VSWITCH VSWITCH2 GRANT R00022N1 VLAN 2419 2439
HCPSWS2847E PORTTYPE ACCESS is not allowed when the user is authorized
HCPSWS2847E for more than one VLAN

HCP2847E
PORTTYPE ACCESS is not allowed when the user is authorized for more than one
VLAN.
Explanation:
If the user is given PORTTYPE ACCESS or if the PORTTYPE defaults to ACCESS, the
user can
be authorized for only one VLAN ID.
System action:
The SET VSWITCH GRANT command fails.
User response:
Issue the SET VSWITCH GRANT command to use PORTTYPE TRUNK with a list of
VLAN IDs, or issue SET VSWITCH GRANT with PORTTYPE ACCESS and a single VLAN ID.

Thanks
     Joe

Technology Services Group
Mainframe Operating Systems