On 05/01/2017 10:20 PM, Marcy Cortes wrote:
Is my dump volume made with zipl -d on SLES 11 SP4 still good for SLES 12 SP2?
Would be nice not to have 2 of them.

There might be some differences regarding SMT (and maybe also SIMD) support but I'm not sure that's really all to take into account:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/linuxonibm/com.ibm.linux.z.lhdt/lhdt_c_intro.html

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/linuxonibm/com.ibm.linux.z.lhdt/lhdt_c_sharedev_diffvers.html

(OT:
Since SLES12, the zfcpdump standalone dump tool for dumping to zFCP-attached SCSI disk now also uses partition '-d' (as DASD has been)

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/linuxonibm/com.ibm.linux.z.lhdt/lhdt_t_scsixmp1.html

instead of filesystem '-D' as with SLES11

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/linuxonibm/com.ibm.linux.z.ledt/ledt_t_scsixmp1.html
)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Steffen Maier

Linux on z Systems Development

Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen