Did you ping it from some place other than the same subnet it is on?
Perhaps the default gateway isn't set?

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of van
Sleeuwen, Berry
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 8:23 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: [LINUX-390] SLES12 SP3 autoyast install

Hi All,

I am installing a new SLES 12 SP3 system. So first I run a manual install.
After install is completed the machine is rebooted. So far no problem. After
reboot the system is accessible as expected. So now I run yast2 clone_system to
create an autoinst.xml file.

Next I use the autoinst.xml file to run an automatic install. The autoyast
installer runs through the install. Next the machine is rebooted. The guest
states sshd is started so I should be able to connect to the machine. The IP
address is registered in the vswitch and I can ping the machine. But I can’t
access the system for the second stage install, the ssh session simply times
out.

I have used various versions of the xml file. Both the base as created by yast2
and a file that has been rebuild to add options we want to have from within the
autoyast installation. It looks like the installation is executed correctly but
no luck accessing the machine after reboot with any of the attempts.

I have done the same with SLES 12 SP2 and found no such problems.

What could be the cause of this?

Met vriendelijke groet/With kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Berry van
Sleeuwen Flight Forum 3000 5657 EW Eindhoven • +31 (0)6 22564276
 [cid:image001.jpg@01CE3508.E10AE080]
[cid:image002.jpg@01CE3508.E10AE080]

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for
the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be
secured on the Internet, Atos’ liability cannot be triggered for the message
content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free
network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and
will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted. On all
offers and agreements under which Atos Nederland B.V. supplies goods and/or
services of whatever nature, the Terms of Delivery from Atos Nederland B.V.
exclusively apply. The Terms of Delivery shall be promptly submitted to you on
your request.