Hello,

I'm newbie on this forum, but I would like to ask your help. (Sorry, if  I
brake any protocol/usage guideline.)
  Could someone please help to solve the below issue?

We have created a big filesystems (with 2 TB) 1 and half month ago.
And there was no error message or any complain from the customer.

After a new boot, I got the below error message:
Jan 28 20:16:50 myhostname kernel: Buffer I/O error on device dm-28,
logical block 536870896
Jan 28 20:16:50 myhostname last message repeated 2 times
Jan 28 20:17:07 myhostname kernel: Buffer I/O error on device dm-28,
logical block 536870896
Jan 28 20:17:12 myhostname last message repeated 6 times

from dmesg:
Buffer I/O error on device dm-28, logical block 536870896
Buffer I/O error on device dm-28, logical block 536870896
Buffer I/O error on device dm-28, logical block 536870896
Buffer I/O error on device dm-28, logical block 536870896

Most of dasd were online, but I saw more offline dasd:
myhostname:~ # lsdasd -a
Bus-ID     Status      Name      Device  Type  BlkSz  Size      Blocks
0.0.0400   offline
0.0.0401   offline
0.0.0402   offline
0.0.0403   offline
0.0.0404   offline
0.0.0405   offline
0.0.0406   offline
0.0.0407   offline

How can it be online (active) before the Linux boot? Or what is missing
from the configuration?

Kind Regards :
Csaba Polgar