I am installing ClefOS 7.4 to run under Hercules, to make sure what I have to
do before attempting to install it (ClefOS) into an LPAR.

Hercules is running under Centos 6.something on my laptop.
I have the 74base.iso loop-mounted, so it should be loading everything via http
within Hercules.
I have the 74update.iso, if that would work better, but I haven't tried it yet.

I have done a variety of things to make the installation work, and it hasn't so
far. I never get the timeout-starting messages Frank gets, but I always seem to
get down to that message about /dev/root not existing.
Google shows a number of these occurrences in the past, mostly because the
ramdisk didn't get started/created properly. I have increased the memory that
Hercules specifies for this guy, but I keep getting...

>Warning: /dev/root does not exist

I figured it was just me. I think I have a problem with my kernel parms, based
on what I found in Google; I think I've just been using the basic setup
included in the ISO (generic.ins). I have taken the CMS "support' files that
they also distribute, and concatenate those on device 000C so I can IPL from it
in Hercules, and that works slightly differently, but...I always end up with...

>Warning: /dev/root does not exist

I'd be happy to hear any ideas, too.

R;

Rob Hamilton
Infrastructure Engineer
Chemical Abstracts Service

<snip>
>Ý  234.311564¨ dracut-initqueueÝ608¨: Warning: Could not boot.""
>Ý  234.314917¨ dracut-initqueueÝ608¨: Warning: /dev/root does not exist
>         Starting Dracut Emergency Shell...
>Warning: /dev/root does not exist
>
>Generating "/run/initramfs/rdsosreport.txt"
>

>Entering emergency mode. Exit the shell to continue.
>Type "journalctl" to view system logs.
>You might want to save "/run/initr
>amfs/rdsosreport.txt" to a USB stick or /boot
>after mounting them and attach it to a bug report.
>

>dracut:/#
>
>Googling the error message doesn't help.
>
>TIA,
>Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any
attachment(s), may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information
from CAS, a division of the American Chemical Society ("ACS"). If you have
received this transmission in error, be advised that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact the sender
immediately by either replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.