On 3/15/19 2:22 PM, Mark Pace wrote:
> That log is nearly 2MB.  I think I'll erase it and try again.  Hopefully
> the log will be a little smaller.

In the case of an upgrade (or any installation for that matter), when
you're booting the installer for the new version, those logs won't be
the same as what is in the /var/log/ directory on the "real" system.

That means that to be able to look at them, you need to have "usessh"
and "sshpassword" is your parameter file, even if you're using VNC or
some other method to do the actual install/upgrade. Then, when the error
comes up, you can look at /var/log/ which will be in the ramdisk, as
opposed to /mnt/var/log/ which will be on the "real" system.