Hello Group,

We are running zLinux SLES 12-3 on zVM. I'm looking for a way to
authenticate user logon to zLinux server over windows AD LDAP.
I configured LDAP client to point to windows LDAP. Then I used ldapsearch
to make a query for id user01 - I got results. I used yast "auth" module to
"test connection" - bind was successfull.
Then I tried to logon user01 which is not defined localy on Linux - only in
AD.
SSH returns error "sshd: input_userauth_request: invalid user <user01>
[preauth]".

Is it technically possible to authenticate logon with Active Directory LDAP
?
I've heard rumors this might be a problem, because AD users are not posix.
Anyone tried to authenticate over AD ?

Thanks in advance,
Mariusz