On 4/15/20 12:02 PM, Martha McConaghy wrote:
> Ah, DOH!  I did not run mkinitrd and am now kicking myself.  (Its OK, I need
> the exercise.)  I'll give that a try and see if it makes a difference.

Do yourself a favor and remove the cio_ignore parameter from
/etc/zipl.conf entirely. It's a z/VM guest, it doesn't need that. At
all. If you were a brand-new z/VM systems programmer that had tons of
unnecessary devices defined, that would be different. But, you're not. :)

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390