Greetings all,

    I may have waded into a puddle that became a deep lake!  First of all, I'm not a java/ant/maven expert. Has anyone successfully built the latest version of Apache Spark on RHEL7?  I need it for a proof-of-concept we are doing.  I've managed to struggle to the point of the maven install and at that point it fails.  If someone recognizes the error that would be fantastic, but I'd be happy to know someone has already done this successfully.  :-)

Thanks,
DeWayne

Final error messages:
[DEBUG] Writing resolution tracking file /root/.m2/repository/org/fusesource/fusesource-pom/1.9/fusesource-pom-1.9.pom.lastUpdated
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:

[FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not transfer artifact org.fusesource:fusesource-pom:pom:1.9 from/to fusesource.nexus.snapshot (http://repo.fusesource.com/nexus/content/groups/public-snapshots): repo.fusesource.com: Name or service not known and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 36, column 11

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390