By default storage is ephemeral. You start a docker container, do work, shut it
down and the work is lost. You use either the docker run --mount or --volume
options to map host storage to where the container needs persistent storage.
These days you'd be running some orchestration tool like OpenShift, Kubernetes,
or docker-swarm where you would configure a service with information such as
persistent storage, networking, replications, etc. and let it take care of
things.

Neale Ferguson

On 6/16/20, 16:59, "Linux on 390 Port on behalf of Peter"