I am trying to move a Linux root (/) file system to a larger disk format

I was able to block copy the data from one device to the other using the DD
command below
                dd if=/dev/dasdb1 of=/dev/dasdd1 bs=64K conv=noerror,sync

But I need to make the new Device Bootable and normally I would use FDISK on a
normal Linux system but FDASD does not have this function

Is that the process of ZIPL?
Am I just missing something in my process, or if someone has the steps and
would like to share that would be great

Larry Davis
Senior z/VM systems Architect, Enterprise Services
T +1.813.394.4240
DXC Technology dxc.technology<http://www.dxc.technology/>

DXC Technology Company - Headquarters: 1775 Tysons Boulevard, Tysons, Virginia
22102, USA.
DXC Technology Company -- This message is transmitted to you by or on behalf of
DXC Technology Company or one of its affiliates. It is intended exclusively for
the addressee. The substance of this message, along with any attachments, may
contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information or information that
is otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or
disseminate any part of this message. If you have received this message in
error, please destroy and delete all copies and notify the sender by return
e-mail. Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind DXC
Technology Company or any of its affiliates to any order or other contract
unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative
expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose. --.

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390