On 7/7/20 11:59 AM, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jul 2020, Phil Smith III wrote:
>
>> Time Travel Resistant Cryptography
>>
>> https://www.bluetoad.com/publication/?m=1336
>> <https://www.bluetoad.com/publication/?m=1336&i=666070&view=articleBrowser&article_id=3713491>
>>  &i=666070&view=articleBrowser&article_id=3713491
> rather ignorant of the motivations for __ contributing __ to
> an Open Source project [speaking as one of the three founders
> of CentOS].  The author does not not mention, nor does he
> seem to have read Eric Raymond's _The Cathedral and the
> Bazaar_, and restates the old chestnut FUD about 'dangerous'
> Open Source
>
> not worth reading

Interesting perspective. Thanks!

I don't know the author well, but he is our primary full-time
cryptographer. (Would not consider him a coder, which might explain his
lack of knowledge about FLOSS.)

I thought the piece was supposed to be (partly) tongue-in-cheek.

I'll make a point to share Cat Baz, always a good read.

--
-- R; <><

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390