On 7/23/20 6:40 PM, Davis, Larry (National VM Capability) wrote:

> We need a way to give our Linux admins real terminal access to an ASCII
> terminal for Boot Messages and to fix issues that prevent Network access.

As Marcy pointed out, the terminal server functionality can help here,
but it's not going to entirely give you what you want. Having the z/VM
console log spooled and available may be the only way to get the very
earliest stuff from the console, if they're not willing to actually
logon to the z/VM console. The terminal server can absolutely help you
work on network problems, since the communications between the "jump
server" and the target system are over IUCV.

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390