On 2020-07-25 01:46, Alan Altmark wrote:
> In some sense you are creating a UUID for the container.
>
> CPCname.LPAR.System_id.userid.system_id.userid....
>
> Having to handle second level systems and LPAR only, too.
>
> Perhaps prefixed with nn, where nn tells you how many levels of VM. 01
> means native LPAR.

You mean just like /proc/sysinfo does? Yeah, there's a though, but Mark
suggested to have have support for paramters to select the output, e.g. '--lpar'
to get the LPAR name - but that won't work easily or in a non-ugly name for 2nd
level guests.
I'll be looking some more into this...maybe we'll inlude 2nd level and cut off
only after that - to be seen...

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Stefan Raspl

Linux on Z & Virtualization Development
IBM Deutschland
Schoenaicher Str. 220
71032 Boeblingen
Phone: +49-7031-16-2177
E-Mail: stefan.ra...@de.ibm.com
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Gregor Pillen
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
243294

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390