Gregory,

There is code in zoom that does this.  We've been using it for a few years
at my organization.

See: https://sourceforge.net/projects/system-zoom/  The bulk of the code
for this operation is in /usr/local/sbin/zstartclients (which many other
operations are symbolic links to) in zoom.tgz. Download and 'tar -zvf' it.

I haven't updated the code on sourceforge lately, but will do so after I
send this.  Feel free to email me off-list if you have any questions.

    -Mike M

--
     -Mike MacIsaac

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390