Hi Frank,

i have a script set up in root's home directory (i think it is /root) called:
updt4dr.sh

it just shuffles some config files for the DR environment:

# cat updt4dr.sh
#!/bin/sh
mv /etc/zfcp.conf /etc/zfcp.conf.orig
mv /etc/zfcp.conf.dr /etc/zfcp.conf
mv /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-enccw0.0.0600
/root/ifcfg-enccw0.0.0600.orig
mv /root/ifcfg-enccw0.0.0600.dr
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-enccw0.0.0600

since our disks are replicated to our DR disks, i just snap the disks (this is
XIV disk ) that have my linux system on them,
then ipl linux from a TN3270 terminal. once it boots up - this is using the
snap copies of the disk,
since i'm sitting at the console (yes, it is a TN3270) i am able to logon as
root and execute the updt4dr.sh script.

then i shut down linux and when i reboot it (using XAUTOLOG this time) it has
the correct network settings.
(my script also has to mess with the FCPs since the XIV disk is EDEV FBAs and
have to have the new WWPNs of the DR XIV systems)

--
Phillip Gramly
Systems Programmer