Hi Mariusz & others,

I would recommend you try upgrading the OCP Cluster to a OCP v4.6.12+
version.
We saw a significant decrease in Idle CPU Consumption with the EFK Stack
(cluster-logging) with OCP v4.6.12. The reason is most likely a patch for
the increased default logging level (Bug 1895385 - Revert KUBELET_LOG_LEVEL
back to level 3 )
. Previously it was by default set at 2, collecting a lot more logs for
debugging purposes. In some other clusters, we see the patch has been
applyed on v4.6.12 already.
 But note, the reduced idle consumption affects only the cluster-logging
stack (
elastic, fluentd, kibana). The initial OCP noise (prometheus, kubelet,
apiserver) is not expected to be impacted a lot by this change.
Adding to that, OCP v4.7 pre-Ga measurements show additional idle load
reductions.

Regards, Danijel Soldo
OCP on Z Performance, IBM R&D Germany

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390