Yes and it works great as long as the user does not do a reboot or the systems
fails to boot or load the IUCV driver

Larry Davis (z/VM Team)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Jones <djo...@itconline.com>
Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 3:50 PM
To: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@vm.marist.edu>
Cc: Davis, Larry (National VM Capability) <larry.dav...@dxc.com>
Subject: Re: SYSASCII Console for Linux images

Have you considered using the IBM Terminal Server for zLinux?
The Terminal Server is part of the s390-tools package and permits normal access
to other zLinux guests running on the same z/VM system, even if they are not
connected to a working TCP/IP network. This permits the use of common Linux
tools like vi, Emacs, and nano, to be used even in the event of a network
failure.

DJ

---
DAVID JONES | MANAGING DIRECTOR FOR ZSYSTEMS SERVICES | z/VM, Linux, and Cloud
703.237.7370 (Office) | 281.578.7544 (CELL)

INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COMPANY

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390