On Thu, Apr 8, 2021, 12:12 PM Davis, Larry (National VM Capability) <
larry.dav...@dxc.com> wrote:

> We are seeing an Issue when Using Hipersockets connected to a DB2 system
> on z/OS
>
> When we perform a VMRELOCATE (LGR) to another member in the complex we
> lose the HS device and it goes offline
> The Relocate works fine the HS devices have the same EQID and we see the
> devices attached on the receiving system
> OSA 3A00 ATTACHED TO LXCGG01D 08A0 BY LXCGG01D
> OSA 3A01 ATTACHED TO LXCGG01D 08A1 BY LXCGG01D
> OSA 3A02 ATTACHED TO LXCGG01D 08A2 BY LXCGG01D
>
> Then we need to perform
> cio_ignore -r 0.0.08A0
> cio_ignore -r 0.0.08A0
> cio_ignore -r 0.0.08A0
>
> Then we have to restart the network devices
>
> For some reason during the LGR and/or reboot the devices are getting
> varied off and/or disabled.
>
> Am I missing something in the devices characteristics
>
> Also We are using a VSWITCH for 1G and 10G OSA's and they are reconnecting
> as expected, but HS is disappearing
>
> Larry Davis
> Senior z/VM systems Architect, Enterprise Services
> T +1.813.394.4240
> DXC Technology dxc.technology<http://www.dxc.technology/>

How are you activating these HSI devices? Did you use the znet_conf and did
you add a ifcfg-enccw0.xxxx script ? Or you have some other way for
configuring those on boot?
I also use rhel 7.x with hipersockets and I haven't noticed a problem like
this. I used znet_conf initially to configure it live, and then added a
proper ifcfg script.
Gregory

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390