From: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU> On Behalf Of Aria Bamdad
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2021 6:10 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] Warning if upgrading SLES12 to SLES15 SP3

Marcy,  thank you for pointing that out.  I have that in my documentation since
SLES12 also but when I checked, I noticed that for the server I upgraded from
12 to 15, this option was commented out!  I also add
SUSE_REMOVE_LINUX_ROOT_PARAM="true" but this option was still there.  So it
turns out that this entire thing could be avoided by the
GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true.  I point to my root device via the root= kernel
option and point to the device number by-path.  Thank you for reminding me to
look for this option.  Don't know how it got commented out or perhaps it was
never uncommented.

Thanks again,
Aria