Working system displays:
----------------
LOGON LNXADMIN
z/VM Version 6 Release 3.0, Service Level 1501 (64-bit),
built on IBM Virtualization Technology
There is no logmsg data
FILES: 0011 RDR,   NO PRT,   NO PUN
LOGON AT 15:39:03 EST FRIDAY 02/25/22
Command complete
Command complete
HCPCPL040E Device 0600 does not exist
z/VM V6.3.0    2015-08-17 18:51
LNXADMIN AT OSCAR    VIA RSCS     2022-02-25 15:39:04 EST      FRIDAY
DMSACP723I T (592) R/O
SWPSWA0012I DIAG swap disk defined at virtual address 0300 with
SWPSWA0012I 64988 4K pages of swap space.
SWPSWA0012I DIAG swap disk defined at virtual address 0301 with
SWPSWA0012I 129980 4K pages of swap space.
OSA 0370 ATTACHED TO LNXADMIN 0370
OSA 0371 ATTACHED TO LNXADMIN 0371
OSA 0372 ATTACHED TO LNXADMIN 0372
DO YOU WANT TO IPL LINUX FROM MINIDISK 100? Y/N
Booting default (grub2)
----------------------- (followed by a grub menu)

Non-working system displays:
-----------------------
LOGON LNXADMIN
z/VM Version 6 Release 3.0, Service Level 1501 (64-bit),
built on IBM Virtualization Technology
There is no logmsg data
FILES: 0022 RDR, 0001 PRT,   NO PUN
LOGON AT 15:40:27 EST FRIDAY 02/25/22
Command complete
Command complete
HCPCPL040E Device 0600 does not exist
z/VM V6.3.0    2015-08-17 18:51
LNXADMIN AT OSCAR    VIA *        2022-02-25 15:40:27 EST      FRIDAY
DMSACP723I T (592) R/O
SWPSWA0012I DIAG swap disk defined at virtual address 0300 with
SWPSWA0012I 64988 4K pages of swap space.
SWPSWA0012I DIAG swap disk defined at virtual address 0301 with
SWPSWA0012I 129980 4K pages of swap space.
HCPATR040E Device 0370 does not exist
HCPATR040E Device 0371 does not exist
HCPATR040E Device 0372 does not exist
DO YOU WANT TO IPL LINUX FROM MINIDISK 100? Y/N

Tony Thigpen