Ooh - one other thing.

For some stupid reason linux has like 4 different algorithms for naming and
enumerating network interfaces after it moved away from ethN, and which one
it uses seems to change between kernel versions somewhat regularly.

Watch out for the pci roce ethernet interfaces renaming themselves after
applying kernel service or a service pack.

My recommendation is to use persistent device renaming to name them based
on slot number since thats based on the iodf function fid. Or whatever
makes sense to you, just dont let it default because it will rename them
out from under you at a really bad time.

--
Jay Brenneman

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390