The adoptopenjdk.net site has been used to host builds of the JDK for both
hotspot and openj9 builds (the latter being the IBM JVM which has many many
optimizations for the Z environment). However, adoptopenjdk is moving to
Eclipse’s adoptium site. However, according to the Eclipse site: “Eclipse
Foundation projects are not permitted to distribute, market or promote JDK
binaries unless they have passed a Java SE Technology Compatibility Kit
licensed from Oracle, to which the OpenJ9 project does not currently have
access.” I can’t pull the OpenJ9 JDK from that site. This is a PITA as there
are multiple packages that pull JDKs as part of their build process. It means
they can’t access the highly-optimized-for-z openJ9 JDK in this way (e.g.
https://api.adoptium.net/v3/binary/version/....).

It also seems that, even though the adoptopenjdk site still exists and I can
download JDKs from there I cannot use the API to do things like: wget
https://api.adoptopenjdk.net/v3/binary/version/jdk-11.0.13+8/linux/s390x/jdk/openj9/normal/adoptopenjdk
 whereas
https://api.adoptopenjdk.net/v3/binary/version/jdk-11.0.13+8/linux/s390x/jdk/hotspot/normal/adoptopenjdk
 works fine. The “normal” appears to no longer be supported with s390x so
“large” or similar should be used but substituting it in the former URL doesn’t
work either.

Is there any expectation that openJ9 will be supported by Eclipse’s adoptium
any time soon (i.e. before adoptopenjdk disappears)?

Neale

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390