Hi Peter,

On 6/28/22 11:03, Peter wrote:
How do we create WWPN or FBA device in DR site ?

As this is the first time we are planning to replicate Linux guest to DR
site.

Is there a way to assign or attach a FBA device to the Linux guest ?

What's replicated in the DR site? IBM Z CPC, storage (using e.g. PPRC), or both?

Which WWPN: initiator of the host, or target of the storage?
The host initiator WWPNs are managed by the machine and can e.g. be exported on
the SE (example for non-DPM machine):
https://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/dw/linux390/lvc/zFCP_Best_Practices-BB-Webcast_201805.pdf#page=40

I suppose you use z/VM EDEV to represent multiple paths to an FCP-attached
volume as emulated FBA DASD to a guest as opposed to dedicated FCP devices? If
so, I think you would just use a different set of FCP devices on the DR CPC to
assemble the EDEV device and dedicate that resulting FBA DASD to the
"replicated" guest for use on cold failover, i.e. on IPL of the guest on the DR
CPC.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind regards
Steffen Maier

Linux on IBM Z and LinuxONE

https://www.ibm.com/privacy/us/en/
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gregor Pillen
Geschaeftsfuehrung: David Faller
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390