Hi, Neale.

I'm using Ubuntu 20.04 Linux here and there is no "/var/log/messages"
file to be found, sorry.

I do feel badly about causing you all this extra work, as well, so don't
feel you have to get this to work just you me. I have found an alternate
method of "talking" IUCV from CMS to z/Linux that works exactly as I
want it to, using the AF_IUCV family of socket calls. I've written a
simple server that runs on Linux that can be driven by a CMS application
using the RXIUCVFN Rexx function package, which is what I wanted to do
in the first place.

I'll be posting the code and a short "how-to" on GitHub when I can.

Take care.

DJ

---
BEST REGARDS

   DAVE JONES                       IBM CHAMPION [1]
    Managing Director for zSystems Support, zLinux, and Cloud
    ++1 281.578.7544 (Cell)
    Web: www.itconline.com [2]
    18502 Purdy Ct. Houston, TX  77084  USA

On 07.12.2022 10:48 PM, Neale Ferguson wrote:

> I built on RHEL 8 and, apart from tainting the kernel, I was able load/unload
> the kernel module without a problem. I did get:
>
> depmod: ERROR: Bad version passed fsiucv
>
> DJ - is there a message in /var/log/messages when you get the permission
> denied message? You may see a connect message and an IPRCODE.
>
> Neale Ferguson
>
> On 7/13/22, 12:02, "Neale Ferguson" <ne...@sinenomine.net> wrote:
>
> Would you send your fix(es) and I'll give it a go here.
>
> Neale Ferguson
>
> On 7/13/22, 02:03, "Linux on 390 Port on behalf of Mark Post"
> <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU on behalf of mp...@suse.com> wrote:
>
> Just FYI to Neale and the list... The changes I made to the kernel
> module allowed it to be compiled, but it doesn't appear to work, and if
> you then try to unload the kernel module, you get a kernel panic and the
> system reboots (if your have reboot on panic enabled).

> send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
> http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390

Links:
------