Hi Donald,

Donald Russell <russell....@gmail.com> writes:

> As for handling geometry changes due to vm cp disconnect/reconnect…
> Obviously it would be best if the kernel detected that, but if I have to do
> something like echo 1 > /dev3270/tty1/query_partition
> That would be acceptable because I already have a process in Linux that
> starts a 3270/tty when reconnecting…. Maybe that’s where the code needs to
> be… when starting the Getty, read partition, that works for me because I
> also stop the Getty on a CP disconnect event.

I'm doing it a bit differently now. I added code that queries the 3270's
geometry when the 'Clear' key is pressed. I guess the clear key is not
used often, and it is always the first key i press when connecting to have
the screen redrawn. The driver than tells the linux tty layer to resize
to the correct dimensions.

I also added background color support, support for graphic line drawing
characters and fixed a few other bugs, so programs like mc (midnight
commander) are now displayed correctly both in TERM=linux and TERM=vt220
configurations.

This all has to go now through the review and distributions processes,
so it will take a while until it reaches the field.

I'm thinking about your tab completion suggestion and other ways how to
make the command line a bit easier to handle after this.

Regards
Sven

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390