Thanks Alan and thanks Mark.

We decided to relabel the disks (cpfmtxa, label) after a Red Hat installation with kickstart.

Regards

*De :* Alan Altmark [mailto:alan_altm...@us.ibm.com]
*Envoyé :* samedi 16 décembre 2023 à 06:30
*Pour :* LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
*Objet :* [RHEL] Labeling disks with kickstart

Clarification: A full-pack minidisk is "0 END" or "DEVNO" on the MDISK statement.
Anything else, including 1-END, is a regular minidisk.   (My personal term for 1-END is
"near-full-pack".)

I agree with your suggestion that Linux not be given access to the real volser.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Altmark
IBM Senior z/VM Engineer and Consultant