I'm fairly excited about the plans to incorporate loadable device drivers
in ELKS.  Unfortunately, after I thought about it, they STILL won't help
me get my HP 200LX booted.  :(

The problem is that there is neither a floppy drive nor a hard disc on the
machine, which I believe ELKS requires to boot.  As I see it, I have two
options.  Option #1 is to use ROMFS to bootstrap to the point where I can
load a PCMCIA driver.  I have some questions about that, though:

Can I use ROMFS to boot ELKS?
If I do, how do I specify the contents of the file system?
Can I change to a different root after boot time?
If so, can I free the memory used by ROMFS after boot?
If not, how much memory does ROMFS use anyway?
Does ELKS support symbolic links?

Option #2 is to just add PCMCIA support to the kernel, and compile out all
the things I don't need, like floppy, hard disk, and parallel support.
Hmm...

Shane