Here is my humble problem..

I have taken a gander at the elks code, and I am wondering...

1) Shared Libraries: You mention that they have not been implemented..
By Shared Libraries do you mean independent interface to dependent
system controls, such as video, audio? If so, I am quite interested in
how they may be implemented. I am at work on my own "operating system"
(if you can call it that) and the topic du jour within my personal
self-study is how to build a system interface that remains portable. The
idea that I want to implement is as such..

Sally has written an ansi compatible text output library, and the
standard library for x-os is built special for an outdated proprietary
machine. Sally runs an "install" command referencing her lib. and the OS
automatically reroots the calls to the custom library and badda-Bing
Sally has herself a ANSI compatible OS.
Assuming sallys program includes all requisite functions needed. (os
should search chained libraries in sequence if a certain function is not
found)

Or in other words a "direct-x" interface.

So any information on how to implement such a standard is C/C++ would
make me a very happy camper.

Thanks in advance
Gil Pinheiro

** As good as the elks source is.. I'm looking for a FREE OS theory
guide? Any Suggestions?