On Tue, 4 May 1999, Greg Haerr wrote:
>       I've got the nanoGui project moved up quite a bit.  It now runs the sample
> programs pretty well.  As Alan mentioned, I'll be checking all this stuff in shortly.
                             ^ Alex

>       o A mouse driver (this is more of a pain, we could still leave it out of the
>kernel)

If you don't want to use GPM, there was some simple MS and PS2 protocol
stuff in there before which didn't work. You could try getting that
working as a compile time option.

>       o Nanogui uses ANSI prototypes that won't compile with bcc, unless someone
> wants my ansi modifications,  I'm thinking of releasing it myself.

Oops. Mini-X was K&R, but I changed it all to ANSI because I thought no
sane compiler didn't do ANSI these days ;) What's bcc anyway?

>       Currently, NanoGui implements a decent subset of low-level X primitives,
>although
> they're renamed.  Window creation, GC manipulation and text routines work.  We still
> need some better low-level drawcode support.  For instance, XOR drawing isn't done
>yet.

I wouldn't mind renaming them all to get them closer to X.

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :