Date sent:              Sun, 23 May 1999 23:55:06 -0600
From:                   Legacy Xunker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     Luciano José Alves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Copies to:              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                Re: [Fwd: C compiler for AppleII+]

> The story I got told was there was something amiss with the Stacks on the
> MOS 6502, like they're not big enough or something.  Anyone hear about
> this?

I don't know if this is what you want, but architecture of processor
6502 have a 8bit register S for stack operations. This mean that your
stack can have maximally 256 Bytes. these are located from 0x0100 to
0x01FF in adress space. This is main disadvatage if you want program
this piece of sillicon in a high level language which produce a stack
frame. Or if you want write a intensively recursion. Such a thing
must be rewriten to realize your own data stack.

But programming this uP in assembler is much easy and great fun than
programming anything form Intel. Due to instruction set you can
simple program it in machine code.

Radek Hnilica
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.linuxfan.com/~radek_hnilica