Hi Thor.

 >> Depends on the shell you're using - I believe sash doesn't
 >> implement pipes yet, but I'm not sure about any other shells...

 > There are other shells?

I have heard rumours that there's a version of ksh working for ELKS,
but I've never managed to track it down...

Other than that, there's just the 'shell hacks' (as I call them),
where somebody writes a C program that displays a menu on the screen,
waits for a valid keypress, then executes whatever command has been
associated with the relevant menu option by the programmer.

If there are any ELKS shells other than those, and any reader of this
email both knows of them and where to find them, YELL BY EMAIL!!!

Best wishes from Riley.

| There is something frustrating about the quality and speed of Linux  |
| else has already done so and is just about to release their patch.   |
 * ftp://ftp.MemAlpha.cx/pub/rhw/Linux
 * http://www.MemAlpha.cx/kernel.versions.html