Thomas Stewart writes:

> hi
> I compiled microwin, copied the binary to my elks root disk and it worked.
> Except that the mouse does not work properly, when I move the mouse the
> pointer moves all over at ramdom. What is wrong, I heard some talk about
> this, has it been fixed yet?

It sounds like you have the wrong type of mouse set up. By default microwindows
expects a pc type mouse. If you have a microsft mouse (which I suspect is
the case), you need to look at the mouse driver C file (mous_ser.c I think)
find the #define which is set to "pc", and change it to "ms", then
recompile. It should then work.

> I eventually got round to making some 720k elks disks for my 8086 (0.5
> bogomips!) I wondered if anyone had thought of making a driver for the
> monocrome display (aka herc) that some xt's have for microwin? It can
> display quite high res (720 by 6something) but only in 3 colours: bright,
> normal and black (in orange or green).

I wouldn't have though that it was that hard to do. If you can find the
specs on how to write to the graphics hardware directly then given the
correct hardware to test it on, the driver would be simple to write.

> and lastly what does it mean when "Registering action 1 for signal 15" is
> displayed by the kernal? The numbers change.

This is some debugging output from the kernel. The action is either 0,
which means handle the signal in the default way (see man signal for
details), 1 which means ignore the signal, or an address, which means that
a routine should be called whenever the signal occurs.

This message is no longer in the latest code, wnd will not be in the next
version.

Al