I honestly dont have much experience building things by hand (though I'd
like to learn).  As far as I can tell, AMD's Elan series (which are the
predecessors to uforCE) are complete microcontrollers w/all other
components built on board.  Dl the file
http://www.amd.com/products/lpd/19181g.pdf and see what I am talking
about.  The uforCE is so COOL...it comes with an LCD, keyboard,
digitizer for pen input, sound for MP3, ... only the plastic system shell
& OS is required for safe use.

Louis

"Leisure suits are for DUMB A**ES . . . believe me!!!"
                          - Red Foreman of That '70s Show