>> http://www.zilog.com/ez80/
>
>Someone now design a cool linux box with the ez80.
>Would it be possible as it has a MMU and supports 16mb of memory ?

I looked at the datasheets and there are a couple of things that would
make life harder for compiler writers. In Address Data Long mode (what
they call the new mode), data is 24 bits. Which is a rather odd size so
C compilers might just keep int=16 bits and long=32 bits.  Also offsets
from IX and IY are still signed 8 bits. This makes it more combersome to
do large stack frames. Howver one interesting bit that emerges is the
acknowledgment that the Z80 contained undocumented instructions that
can address the separate halves of IX and IY.

Anyway this is getting a bit off topic for ELKS.