> I not realy an expert in this, but I would only use the windows95/nt if it
> were capible of dissasembaling 16bit code (I am basing this thinking that a
> windows dissasember is designed to disasemble win code, maybe the prog you
> have does both?)

IMHO, debugging code that likely uses I/O ports direcly is better
not done under w95 (and surely not under nt).

Disassembling it (like Sourcer does, exe in and assembly out) has to be done on
the platform that the best disassembler you can found runs on. I don't think
that good disassemblers would have trouble with 16-bit code -- after all, it is
a much smaller set of instructions than 32-bit.

> I would use a dos based disasember, don't what one, supose turbo-debuger?

This is a choice of persoal taste, totally depends on what you are used to.
My personal choice would be AFD and/or SoftIce.

--
Kovacs Kristof
Systems Programmer