The gdt is the global descriptor table that contains entries for
        segments which are determined by the kernel code. These entries are
        typically filled in during early phases of the kernel startup code.
        Check the file head.S in the source tree for the definitions of the gdt

        "lgdt" basically loads the global descriptor table register, it takes
        as arguments the size of the GDT and it's base address.