> > 5) I compiled elvis and it does run. well, this is a bit of an
exaggeration:
> > undo doesn't work and sometimes I have to kill the process from my root
> > session.  after this, I get no more echo to the console where I was
running
> > elvis. I can do exit and login again.
>
> elvis is stalled mid port. I got it to the stage where it kind of ran,
then
> released it. The problems could be because elvis is not yet fully ported,
> or it could be bugs in ELKS.

    In my last elkscmds submission, makefile changes were made so that
the visual editors could be run under elksemu, as well as compiled
directly on Linux.  In certain cases, the editor's didn't run on Linux
either.
I ported a couple more visual editors in elkscmd, try them out as well.

> +       seg     cs
>         mov     ax, stashed_irq
>         or      ax,ax
>         jz      irq0_bios

Al - so this was the floppy disk drive bug?  I can see why
it changed whenever a few bytes more or less were added to ELKS...
Glad you found it!

Greg