>ELKS Networking proposal
><snip>

I would like to help but I also have a tight school year ahead of me. I
would like to help code as well. Again please don't flame me for making
silly suggestions.

I think that it is a good idea to implement our own protocal, especially
seen as though tcp/ip is to meaty.

Its true about the network cards, where do you get a 8-bit isa network card?
I think the serial port is a good option. The usual speed of a 8086 serial
port is 9600, is that a prob? Have you thought about the parallel port, I
has a higher bandwith (as in plip for real linux).

I dont know if this is a silly point but how much do multi port serial cards
cost? Is it worth buying a big card?

If each pc had 2 serial ports, could you wire it so there would be a sort of
loop (insted of one real linux box acting as a hub).

tom