Yes and No.

So far ELKS has been '86 based because that is the most common architecture.
I haven't looked at the uClinux code but assume that they have set up
another (or modified) an architecture tree - so they will have drivers etc.

I only suggested it because it seems like fun (I must be mad) and I'm having
a very unproductive day so far....

I don't think it would dilute the main ELKS tree, the more people that get
involve the better (even if they are just testers). Obviously nobody could
be forced to work on other ports, it's just that some may be interested in
trying it.

Personally I would like to see ELKS branch out over many processors (just
like it's big brother), and hopefully conquer the 16bit world.

Simon Wood

Hardware Engineer
Pace Micro Technology plc
Victoria Road, Saltaire, Shipley
West Yorkshire, BD18 3LF
Tel : +44(0)1274 532000  Fax: +44(0)1274 532029

This E-Mail and any attachments hereto are strictly confidential and
intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee
please notify the sender by return and delete the message. You must not
disclose, forward or copy this E-mail or attachments to any third party
without the prior consent of the sender.