Giles Russell writes:

> Can someone please tell me what these mean for the help :)
>
> ROM_SETUP_CODE

Code segment location for the setup code when programmed into a ROM. This
is usually the base segment address of the ROM.

> ROM_KERNEL_CODE

Code segment location for the kernel code when programmed into a ROM. This
is usually the base segment address of the ROM + 0x60.

> ROM_SETUP_DATA

Segment location in RAM where the setup code keeps the values it is going
to pass to the kernel.

> ROM_KERNEL_IRQDATA

Segment location of an absolute area of RAM where the kernel stores certain
variables that it must be able to access when it does not know where its
data segment is.

> ROM_KERNEL_DATA

Segment location of the kernels data segment, used only when the kernel
image is in ROM.

> ROM_CHECKSUM_SIZE --  Is this size or an offset value ????

Size of the ROM image to be prepared. This value is stored in the ROM
header, and the whole ROM must checksum to zero.

> ROM_USE_ORG_INTMASK

Force the irq system to read in the original interrupt mask before it starts
sorting out interrupts. By default the kernel disables all interrupts. This
should only be used by kernel hackers.

> ROM_CONFIG_8253

Appears to be unused.

Al