For ELKSibo I have had to include a font bit map (as I have to draw each
character to the LCD), this only has a few of the 255 ASCII codes and is the
form:
        ASCII Value, data, data, data, etc,

The renderer compares the first byte with it's desired character and moves
to the next character should they not match.

I would like to sequence the data so that the most common characters are
near the start of the list and therefore speed up the display driver
(believe me every little bit helps).

Does anyone have letter probability table I could use??? (or any idea how to
generate one)

Simon Wood

Hardware Engineer
Pace Micro Technology plc
Victoria Road, Saltaire, Shipley
West Yorkshire, BD18 3LF
Tel : +44(0)1274 532000  Fax: +44(0)1274 532029

This E-Mail and any attachments hereto are strictly confidential and
intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee
please notify the sender by return and delete the message. You must not
disclose, forward or copy this E-mail or attachments to any third party
without the prior consent of the sender.