On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 08:53:45PM +0100, Mario Frasca wrote:
> Hi Al!
> you wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 10:54:27PM +0100, Mario Frasca wrote:
> > > as if no parameters are ever passed to the script.  is there some hidden trick?
> > How are you attempting this?
>
> well, I found the problem from init and my /etc/inittab but there is a much easier
> way:
>
> $ ls -l .
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 mario    users          27  Jan 14 20:41 test
> $ cat test
> #!/bin/sh
> echo \"$1\"
> echo \"$2\"
> $ ./test a b c
> ""
> ""
> $

Yep, looks like this is a bug. Almost certainly a libc propblem, but maybe not.
Could you file it into the bug tracking system at
http://www.elks.ecs.soton.ac.uk/bugs, so if anyone looks it will be filed
there, and we can keep a history available.

> I did not look at it at all yet: I'm working on a version of mount/umount that makes
> use of /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab.  I already have some sort of prototypes, but I do
> need a few more hours.

mtab functionality is cool, but may not be required on all systems. Do you
think you could make it optional?

Al