> OK.  But that still didn't give me a how-to-get-this-to-mainline graph.

I can't answer this, other than the obvious: it'd be good to get
acks from Adam and/or Shaohua and Russell.

> Bjorn, are these patches considered for-2.6.18 material?  (They look like
> it).

Yes, please.  I should have been more clear about that.

I'm pretty sure this problem will prevent all distro kernels from
booting on HP ia64 boxes with large I/O configs.  So I'll be
pushing it into distro updates soon.

I do wish we had more soak time, because a BIOS that incorrectly
reports a COM port interrupt as shareable could come back to
bite us.

-